Our own Al Bsharah was asked to share his journey on becoming an angel investor with a bunch of Techstars alumni who are considering angel investing. Listen in on his journey, what he's learned along the way, and the path he took. There's a great and engaging Q+A afterwards.
- General things to consider / know about angel investing
- Angel investing terminology
- Various ways you can angel invest within your own budget
- Pros and cons of the various angel investing options
- How I got started, my own person journey of investing in 100 companies in 5 years with a very limited budget.
Q+A session included:
- What's important when choosing a syndicate lead to invest with?
- Do syndicate leads share what they're investing, and is there signal in that?
- Do syndicate leads get on calls with you to answer questions?
- What's things do you look for in a deal memo when reviewing it?
- Once decided to invest, how much should you commit?
- What caveats and gotchas should we look out for in fees and carry terms?
- Do you prefer syndicates that leverage 3rd party platforms for managing the syndicate back-office?
- How do you deal with FOMO (Fear Of Missing Out) while choosing investments?
- How do you measure a founder's ability to be successful?